Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Joshua 3


Once home, I was getting ready to go to sleep when I heard a car pull into my driveway. Before it had parked I knew ... who had come and what it meant.


I don't recall what words were said, if any, but he ended up under the covers with me and it was funny to be naked with a guy you knew from entirely different circumstances.

I think he was half drunk (I had totally snapped into sobriety when I saw him coming up the back stairs) and as he lay on top of me it seemed like he was dreaming as he rocked back and forth. Nobody said anything, but rather than seeming tawdry it seemed like keeping quiet in church. My arms had been at my side but after a few minutes I put them around him and sheltered us both from winter and what lay ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home