Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Maybe the best place


"I had a farm in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills"...no, wait...I was living in New York, in Greenwich Village.

I always make that mistake...


I lived in this old house (2nd picture down) next door to one of the locations for "Friends". I forget which -- character lived there; it always gave me a kick when they panned up and you could see into my kitchen. I jumped and waved a lot, hoping I'd end up in one of the shows.

The house I lived in was over 100 year's old. I had a studio apartment (the last in a series of studios; I swore to get a one-bedroom when I moved out. Did, too.)

I love history. And New York. And famous artists. So when you wrap that all up and put it in a neighborhood, I'm in heaven.

I had a working fireplace in the main/only room. Although I wasn't allowed to use it, I did anyway. It was a schlep up the narrow, steep staircase to the fourth floor, but it was better than butt-robics. Remind me to tell you next time about the story with the male prostitute and the businessman...

7 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Cool place. I've never been to New york.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Wilde said...

I remember the day I saw the bldg and I thought, "Geez, that looks familiar..."
It had to have been where Rachel lived...

3:31 PM  
Blogger Wilde said...

Ahh, "The Ugly Guy." God, if he lived next door, I hope they didn't use ME as their inspiration!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! 20 panasonic lcd tv no cost no trial internet answering machines chevy chevrolet logo hitch cover trailer bowtie gold Consolidated tax bracket allocation clomid 39 days period negative pregnancy test http://www.hilton-hotel-7.info/puerto-vallarta-mexico-hotels.html

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home