Saturday, July 01, 2006

Snap, Crackle, Fizzle


Okay, I can tell all you peeps have deserted me for the long weekend. Damn you.

I have just two good friends here in town; one's a guy and one's a gal. My pal L, not her full name, is never available on weekends - so, of course she's away this holiday weekend. And my friend K, not his full name, has just gotten a new boyfriend. They're off, too. Lah-de-da. Lah-de-da. Yeh yeh. I told him to - have a simply FABULOUS weekend with Ramon. Or Sergio. He had one date with this guy a month ago and this Latin Lotharo bit his lip. That was the highlight of their evening. They had nothing much to talk about, especially with split lips. And now they're off to have some fireworks of their own.

I told myself this holiday means nothing. What carries weight -- besides my stomach, since I've been bingeing after Psycho Boy -- is the fact that I always seem to be alone.

Blahblahblah. I took two Xanax to stem the quicksand of pity rising around me and I was just zoning out when the phone rang. Who was ths going to be? I got rid of caller ID, which has only added to my daily stress. What the hell; even a call from my Mother, who would at least get me out of my own head.

"Hello...", I muttered. It was an acquaintance.

"I just called to see what you were up to tonight?"

"Absolutely nothing."

"Well, do you want to go --"

"Absolutely!"

"But I didn't even tell what I thought would be---"

"I don't care. Take me to one of your filthy little strip clubs that skeave me out. Take me to the piano bar where I can plug my ears while twenty-somethings belt out 'New York, New York'. Just get me outta here!" I said.

"Okay, okay -- I'll be there in an hour."

I didn't know how strong the pills were until I started to write this post and I misspelled every goddamn word. Should be an interesting night.

I will pick up on this later, but, "I will not pick up any boys in their twenties. I will pick up no boys in their twenties."

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Hey, Justin and I are grilling Monday. Why don't you pop in for a while? :-)

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home